Dental crowns and bridges are common treatments when you have problems with chipped, cracked, or missing teeth. You might need only a crown or both of these treatments combined. Whichever your requirements are, feel free to call Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD, and schedule an appointment.
Our team of dental professionals will suggest the best possible solution that will restore your chewing functionality and prevent further tooth decay and disease. Dental crowns and bridges will also get you your smile back, so don’t hesitate to visit us in Summerlin soon!
What Is a Dental Crown?
Did you chip your tooth or have a noticeable crack? If a portion of your tooth is missing, you should visit a dental crowns Las Vegas expert. Crowns are caps that go on top of your existing tooth structure. They preserve the healthy root while returning the tooth to its original appearance.
Crowns are permanent restorations that can look natural and resolve any discoloration issues you had with that tooth.
At Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD, we have the latest equipment and huge experience in using crowns for tooth restoration. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment and resolve that tooth crack!
What Are the Different Types of Dental Crowns?
You are planning to search for “dentists that do crowns near me.” Before you do that, here is an overview of different crown types available:
- All-porcelain crowns. Patients often choose these because they have the most natural appearance. Porcelain is hypoallergenic and is a wise choice if you are allergic to metal. Most dentists recommend them for front teeth.
- Metal crowns. The most common choice is gold, but chromium and nickel are also an option. Metal crowns are durable and don’t require removing much of the tooth. Their problem is an unnatural appearance, which is why patients often choose them for teeth that aren’t that visible.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns. These can match the adjacent teeth’ color better. The metal lining improves their strength, while the porcelain gives a natural appearance. You could say they are the best of both worlds. However, as the gums recede, the metal lining might become visible as a dark line.
What Is the Dental Crown
Process in Summerlin?
What can you expect when visiting a dental crown Las Vegas dentist? Here is how the process looks:
1. You schedule an appointment with the dentist.
During the exam, he assesses the overall mouth condition and recommends the best treatment.
2. Take an impression of the tooth
If you go with the crown treatment, the dentist will take a mold or impression of the tooth.
3. Place the temporary crown
If it’s necessary, the dentist might put a temporary crown. You wear it until your permanent solution is ready or your tooth is ready for the treatment.
4. Insert the permanent crown
Your Summerlin dentist will check that the fit is optimal first. After confirming it’s the right solution, they’ll use cement to adhere the crown to your tooth. The process might last a bit longer if you need a full set of crowns.
What Are Dental Bridges?
It’s uncomfortable when you have a single missing tooth, let alone more of them. Those gaps are also dangerous since they cause the remaining teeth to move, and they can lead to their decay and disease.
A dental bridge is a replacement tooth positioned between two other teeth by using crowns. They help to fill in these gaps and restore your smile. Bridges are a permanent solution, which means they aren’t removable.
What Are the Different Types of Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges Las Vegas dentists will have different types available to restore your tooth, including:
- Traditional bridges. The dentist puts crowns on adjacent teeth and then puts a bridge in the position where you need a replacement tooth. It’s suitable if you have your teeth on both sides from the missing one.
- Cantilever bridges. These bridges only require a single crown on the tooth next to them.
- Maryland bridges. These are similar to the traditional versions, but they don’t require damaging the adjacent teeth. The downside is that they don’t have equal biting power.
- Implant support. In these situations, there is no need for a dental crowns and bridges combo. Instead, the dentist uses implants that keep the bridge in the designated spot.
What Is the Dental Bridge
Process in Summerlin?
It starts by looking for a dentist offering dental bridges near you. At Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD, we have skilled staff, vast experience, and the latest equipment to provide these treatments. Here is how the process of inserting a fixed bridge looks:
1. You schedule an exam.
Once you come for your visit, the dentist assesses the situation. After agreeing on the treatment, they prepare the adjacent teeth for the crowns.
2. Take an impression of that area
The dentist will take a mold of the tooth and the area. They make your crowns and bridges based on that impression.
Benefits of Crowns and Bridges
- Fill in gaps and fix tooth chips and cracks. Dental crowns and bridges will help you get rid of any imperfections and get your smile back.
- They have a natural appearance. Crowns and bridges will match the adjacent teeth’ color.
- Restore optimal chewing and speech abilities. You won’t have problems with chewing after filling in the gaps. You’ll also restore proper speech without having issues pronouncing specific letters or words.
- Prevent tooth decay and gum disease. You’ll reduce the risk of decay for the remaining teeth and prevent them from shifting out of position.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“I love this office! The quality of care I receive here is the best I’ve ever experienced!”
“My visit was great! He makes you feel very comfortable. The office is clean and nice and the equipment is high quality.”
“My veneers turned out great! I love my new smile:) Thank you!”
“Dr. Spelman and his staff are great professionals and, even more importantly, nice people!”
“Great dentist, staff and beautiful office! Glad I found this place!”
“Dr. Spelman is so gentle and calm, he makes going to the dentist pleasant!”
“Thank you Dr. Spelman! I was completely satisfied and will refer my friends. It was the ultimate in dental treatment!”
Prosper Healthcare Lending is the premier financing company in the healthcare industry. With over $5 Billion
borrowed and over 250,000 people empowered, this is a name and a program you can trust.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with a loan from Prosper Healthcare Lending:
- Immediate decisions without affecting your credit!
- Longer terms for lower monthly payments
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% Confidential