Tooth discoloration happens as we age and usually starts occurring by our 30s. However, poor oral hygiene, illnesses, smoking, and even some drinks and foods accelerate this process. Stains and discoloration affect your smile and compromise confidence.
Apart from ensuring you get that perfect smile back, the whitening process can also make your teeth healthier and prevent potential damage. Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD office in Summerlin uses the latest equipment and gels to whiten your teeth. Feel free to call us and schedule a teeth whitening treatment!
What Is Teeth Whitening?
A teeth whitening treatment involves lightening the color of your teeth without damaging them. While there are at-home whitening kits, it’s recommended to go to the dentist. The treatment can brighten your teeth’ color by several shades, depending on how well the teeth react.
The professional whitening process includes using professional bleachers. They don’t damage the enamel or tooth overall but only remove stains to help with discoloration. These bleachers have carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide as the main ingredients.
They break down to allow the oxygen to move into the tooth’s enamel. That’s how the substance deals with the stains and makes your tooth lighter.
Our Summerlin Teeth Whitening Procedure
The treatment starts by scheduling an appointment with the Las Vegas dentist. Once you come to the office, they’ll determine if you are suitable for the treatment. After approval, they could begin the procedure or set a date for it.
Your dentist will begin by protecting your gums. The next step includes applying a professional whitening substance to your teeth. You might notice the dentist applies the solution multiple times to your teeth. This secures more effective treatment results. The entire procedure shouldn’t last more than 30-45 minutes.
Who Is a Candidate for Teeth Bleaching In Las Vegas?
Any treatment needs to be approved by your dentist, and that includes teeth whitening in Las Vegas. If you have healthy gums and no dental fillings, you are most likely suitable for this treatment. Others might also be candidates for teeth whitening, but make sure to speak with your dentist first.
Crowns, bridges, or recent restorative dentistry treatments could make you unsuitable for this procedure. You can expect the best results from teeth whitening if you have yellow discoloration.
The general rule is that brown and gray teeth don’t respond as well to bleach.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- It’s an effective process that whitens teeth from 7-10 shades. You can expect a significant improvement and a lighter shade of your teeth after the treatment.
- Whitening is a safe and simple process. Apart from being safe for your teeth, the treatment doesn’t feature any discomfort for the patient.
- You’ll have a more attractive smile. Brighter teeth that shine ensure you look youthful and feel more confident.
- Long-term results with in-office treatments. Teeth whitening Las Vegas dentists use efficient solutions that ensure your bright smile lasts for up to three years.
Tips to Keep Teeth White After Treatment
The first 48 hours after the treatment are vital since that’s when your teeth are most sensitive. Here are some tips for that time:
- Avoid any acidic or food that could discolor your teeth. Here is a tip – if it would stain your shirt, it’s not suitable for your teeth either.
- Brush your teeth, but be gentle. That’s particularly important if you feel discomfort.
- Avoid smoking since tobacco affects your teeth’ color. Smoking is among the biggest enemies of a bright smile.
Once the 48-hour window passes, maintain good oral hygiene. It helps to lead a healthy lifestyle, too. If you notice discoloration again, you can repeat the treatment once your dentist approves it.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“I love this office! The quality of care I receive here is the best I’ve ever experienced!”
“My visit was great! He makes you feel very comfortable. The office is clean and nice and the equipment is high quality.”
“My veneers turned out great! I love my new smile:) Thank you!”
“Dr. Spelman and his staff are great professionals and, even more importantly, nice people!”
“Great dentist, staff and beautiful office! Glad I found this place!”
“Dr. Spelman is so gentle and calm, he makes going to the dentist pleasant!”
“Thank you Dr. Spelman! I was completely satisfied and will refer my friends. It was the ultimate in dental treatment!”
Prosper Healthcare Lending is the premier financing company in the healthcare industry. With over $5 Billion
borrowed and over 250,000 people empowered, this is a name and a program you can trust.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with a loan from Prosper Healthcare Lending:
- Immediate decisions without affecting your credit!
- Longer terms for lower monthly payments
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% Confidential