When do we need metal-free restorations? Do you have a small to medium hole in your tooth? Are you dealing with a tooth injury or decay? If yes, you should act quickly and visit the Las Vegas dentist. A possible treatment could involve dental fillings.
Fillings will prevent further decay and save the problematic tooth. Dentists apply them in adult and children treatments, but many patients worry about the materials used in metal fillings.
That’s why Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD offers metal-free dentistry services. You can rest assured we use top-quality porcelain free from any materials that could be harmful. Here is what you should know about these fillings before you schedule an appointment in our office in Summerlin!
What Are Metal-Free Fillings?
Metal-free fillings are a recent breakthrough in dentistry. They feature a combination of plastic and glass. These composite resins are free of metal, including mercury and amalgam.
Patients used to worry about their health because the only option was an amalgam filling. Thanks to the latest advancements, you don’t have to worry about metal in these fillings anymore.
Amalgam-free fillings are equally strong as the metal options. The temperature doesn’t affect them, so they won’t expand with heat. That’s what makes the composite resin even more durable.
Stephen W. Spelman has vast experience with these fillings and is the best metal-free dentist in Summerlin.
Benefits of Metal-Free Dentistry
Metal has been the only option for fillings for decades. It offered the strength and malleability that working within the mouth required. The experts have now discovered that composite resin fillings are equally strong and durable.
Apart from strength, here are other main benefits of metal-free fillings:
- They are safe for your health. There’s no metal in these fillings, so there’s no reason to be concerned.
- The color will match your tooth well. You don’t have to worry about the difference in shades. White fillings will ensure they are non-existent or minimal.
- The metal won’t stain your tooth. Not only do white fillings look better now, but they will continue looking great for years.
- There’s less chance of an adverse reaction. Biocompatibility is at an impressive level, which means your mouth should accept the filling without any issues.
- Safer for dentists and the environment. Dentists also appreciate not working with metal, and white fillings are better for the environment.
Apart from fillings, Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD is a great choice if you look for experts on metal-free dental implants near you.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“I love this office! The quality of care I receive here is the best I’ve ever experienced!”
“My visit was great! He makes you feel very comfortable. The office is clean and nice and the equipment is high quality.”
“My veneers turned out great! I love my new smile:) Thank you!”
“Dr. Spelman and his staff are great professionals and, even more importantly, nice people!”
“Great dentist, staff and beautiful office! Glad I found this place!”
“Dr. Spelman is so gentle and calm, he makes going to the dentist pleasant!”
“Thank you Dr. Spelman! I was completely satisfied and will refer my friends. It was the ultimate in dental treatment!”
Prosper Healthcare Lending is the premier financing company in the healthcare industry. With over $5 Billion
borrowed and over 250,000 people empowered, this is a name and a program you can trust.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with a loan from Prosper Healthcare Lending:
- Immediate decisions without affecting your credit!
- Longer terms for lower monthly payments
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% Confidential