Why Choose Our Las Vegas Endodontist?
If your tooth suffers from severe decay or serious injury, you might need a root canal treatment. These therapies are a better option than a tooth extraction. A Las Vegas root canal dentist will ensure that you maintain that great smile by keeping the tooth in your mouth. At the same time, this treatment will resolve your toothache and prevent the disease from expanding to other teeth.
Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD is a reliable endodontist Las Vegas residents have relied on for a long time. His team has state-of-the-art equipment and vast experience in providing root canal treatments.
If you need a root canal procedure in Summerlin, make sure to schedule an exam as soon as possible!
What Is a Root Canal?
It might seem like teeth are strong, but they have a soft inner core. Deep decay might damage the nerve inside and infect the pulp. This causes pain but is also dangerous for your overall oral health.
A root canal treatment includes cleaning your tooth and removing infected pulp and nerve. The final step of these dental endodontics procedures includes sealing the tooth. This maintains its appearance and prevents it from being a danger for the rest of your mouth.
Signs You Need a Las Vegas Root Canal Dentist
- You have a toothache. This is the first sign you should search for a dentist for a root canal near you. The more severe toothache, the sooner you should turn to a professional.
- Your tooth is sensitive. It can react to cold drinks or hot food, and sometimes it’s both.
- It’s painful to chew food. If you feel chewing causes pain to your tooth, you might need to call a root canal Las Vegas dentist.
- Gum swelling or pimples. Did you notice something is off with your gums? Whether they are tender or you have a pimple for a while, it could indicate the need for a root canal.
What Is the Process of a
Root Canal in Summerlin?
What is endodontic treatment or root canal, and how it looks? The good news is the procedure should be simple, and here is how it looks.
1. Find who does root canals near you
Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD and his team have vast experience in providing these treatments. Make sure to schedule an appointment before visiting.
2. Numbing the tooth and the area around it
The usual way includes administering a local anesthetic via an injection. Next, the dentist will position a dental dam to isolate the tooth.
3. Root cleaning and infection treating
Some drilling will occur to access the pulp chamber and root canals. Your dentist will then clean and disinfect them by using antiseptic and antibacterial compounds.
4. Preparing the canals for a filling
This involves shaping everything for the filling. The Summerlin dentist will clean the canals again before filling them.
5. Using gutta-percha to fill the canals
This material seems like rubber. The dentist ensures it fits tightly and then uses cement for further adhesion. This sealing serves to secure the bacteria don’t enter again.
6. Sealing the access hole
This is another place that the dentist needs to fill. If the tooth needs strengthening, you could get a post in the canal.
7. Checking to see if you need a dental crown
If yes, the dentist will schedule a second visit. The crown improves the appearance and adds to the tooth strength.
How to Care for Your Teeth After a Root Canal
- Experiencing some pain and sensitivity is normal. You can take OTC pain medications if you can’t endure. However, if anything seems off, consult your root canal Las Vegas dentist.
- Avoid putting pressure on your tooth for a few days. You shouldn’t eat food that’s too hard or crunchy.
- Maintain optimal oral hygiene. That includes brushing and flossing your teeth regularly. You can also consider using mouthwash.
- Go to the dentist regularly. You should visit a dentist that does root canals near you in Summerlin to check if the sealant didn’t break down.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“I love this office! The quality of care I receive here is the best I’ve ever experienced!”
“My visit was great! He makes you feel very comfortable. The office is clean and nice and the equipment is high quality.”
“My veneers turned out great! I love my new smile:) Thank you!”
“Dr. Spelman and his staff are great professionals and, even more importantly, nice people!”
“Great dentist, staff and beautiful office! Glad I found this place!”
“Dr. Spelman is so gentle and calm, he makes going to the dentist pleasant!”
“Thank you Dr. Spelman! I was completely satisfied and will refer my friends. It was the ultimate in dental treatment!”
Prosper Healthcare Lending is the premier financing company in the healthcare industry. With over $5 Billion
borrowed and over 250,000 people empowered, this is a name and a program you can trust.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with a loan from Prosper Healthcare Lending:
- Immediate decisions without affecting your credit!
- Longer terms for lower monthly payments
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% Confidential