What are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings are a common treatment used to repair teeth that have been damaged by decay. The filling material is used to fill in the cavity or hole caused by the decay, thus restoring the tooth’s shape and function.
The most common filling materials include amalgam (a mixture of metals), composite resin (a white-colored plastic and glass mixture), gold, and porcelain. The dentist will discuss with the patient which material is the best choice for them based on the location and extent of the decay, the patient’s budget, and any aesthetic concerns.
The dental filling process involves removing the decay, cleaning the affected area, and then covering the cavity with the chosen material. It is then shaped and polished to match the existing tooth. Regular dental check-ups, good oral & dental hygiene and avoiding sugary foods can help prevent the need for dental fillings in the future.
Tooth Filling: Usage and Options Available
Dental fillings in Las Vegas are a common treatment used to repair teeth that have been damaged by decay, also known as cavities. The material is used to fill in the cavity or hole caused by the decay, thus restoring the tooth’s shape, strength and function.
The goal of dental fillings is to prevent the spread of decay, and to help preserve the natural structure. They are also used to fill in cracks or chips caused by trauma or wear and tear.
There are several types of dental fillings available in our Las Vegas clinic, each with their own unique properties, advantages and disadvantages. Mentioned below are some of the most common types of dental fillings:
These dental fillings are made of a mixture of metals like silver, copper and tin. They are very durable and therefore, can withstand the biting and chewing pressure. They are also cheaper as compared to other types of dental fillings. However, they are not as aesthetically pleasing and can be noticeable in the front teeth.
Also called the white fillings, these are made up of plastic and glass mixture. The white tooth fillings are more aesthetic than the amalgam ones and can be matched to the color of your existing tooth. They are also less invasive, as they require less tooth structure to be removed. However, they are not as strong and durable as amalgam ones and therefore, need to be replaced more frequently in comparison to the other dental fillings.
These are made up of gold alloy and are very strong, durable and long-lasting. They are also biocompatible, which means they are less likely to cause any allergic reactions. However, they are more costlier than others and may require more than one appointment to place.
These are custom-made in a laboratory to match the color and shape of the existing tooth. They are highly aesthetic and can be used in front teeth to give a natural look. They are also very durable and long-lasting. However, they are the most expensive type of dental filling and require multiple appointments to place.
They are made of glass and acrylic and release fluoride, which helps to strengthen the enamel and prevent decay. They are also tooth-colored, making them a good option for visible teeth. They are less durable than other types of dental fillings, and may need to be replaced more frequently.
Benefits of White Fillings Southwest LV – Why should you get them?
White fillings, also known as composite fillings, have several benefits when compared to the traditional metal ones:
- Aesthetics: White fillings Southwest LV are tooth colored, which makes them virtually invisible when placed in the front teeth. This can help to maintain the natural appearance of the smile.
- Durability: While these kinds of filler materials may not last as long as traditional metal fillings, they tend to bond strongly and can last for several years with proper care.
- Less Removal of tooth structure: White fillings Southwest LV require less tooth structure to be removed compared to the traditional metal ones. This can help to preserve more of the natural structure.
- Biocompatibility: These are made of materials that are biocompatible with the tooth and the surrounding tissue, which reduces the risk of allergic reactions or other adverse effects to the patient.
- Insulation: White fillings Southwest LV can also act as insulation for the tooth, protecting it from temperature changes.
- Easy repairs: These can be easily repaired if they chip or wear down, unlike the metal ones which may require replacement if they are damaged.
- Easy to apply: These are easy to apply, with minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Cost-effective: These ones tend to be more cost-effective than the traditional metal ones.
Make A Visit to Our Las Vegas Clinic Today to Avail such Dental Services & Treatments by Experts!
Dental filling is an economical and effective dental procedure which is great for restoring your teeth’s structure and strength, especially for those who have had a recent cavity treatment or any injury.
If you are looking for a trusted dentist in Las Vegas for this treatment, look no further than Dr. Spelman, DDS, MAGD. Contact Us or call us today and make a visit to our office!
Stephen Spelman DDS, MAGD is one of a few dentists in Nevada to have received a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. We offer quality dentistry and superior service in a tranquil and compassionate environment.
We have an experienced team of doctors in our Las Vegas office who are specialized in orthodontics dentistry. We offer varied dental services like dental implants, teeth removal, braces, veneers and various other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Apart from these cosmetic dentistry treatments, we also offer dental consultations for problems like jaw pain, gum diseases and teeth sensitivity. In short, we provide all kinds of dentistry services in Southwest Las Vegas.
Call and Schedule your treatment with Dr. Spelman today!